Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK),
is looking for an exceptional Earth Observation Engineer with a very hands-on
attitude to join our Barcelona Space team.
The successful candidate will work at the forefront of applied Earth Observation
as we transform Science into Technologies with real impact in the market.
We want to transform the Earth Observation market by enabling access to
information based on space data in a disruptive way and always starting from
You will help us get there by supporting ongoing research lines in the context of
Earth Observation, from concept to algorithm specification and implementation.
You will also contribute to the definition of new services or value-added
products set up by combining image information with various other sources.
Some things we are working on now are Emerging Smart Cities, Urban
Management and Hydrology
- Deep understanding of Remote Sensing technologies (microwave –
active and passive, optical, multispectral)
- Good programming skills (Python, C/C++, IDL)
- Experience in the implementation of Earth Observation applications
preferably in the fields of hydrology/agriculture/urban
- Experience in calibration / validation of EO products
- Very hands-on approach and able to hit the ground running
- Autonomy – as the business grows so will you and the team
- Transparency – team player
- Curiosity – things change and we need to continuously learn and adapt
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
The following will be considered a plus:
- Machine Learning and Big Data analysis
- SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) and SAR interferometry (InSAR)
- SAR data focusing and calibration
- Experience with data fusion approaches SAR + Optical
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Start date: Immediate