Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK) is looking for an experienced Project manager with a very proactive attitude to join our team. The successful candidate will work at the forefront of Earth Observation projects with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications. The projects fall into basically two areas: agriculture and urban.
We provide advanced Earth Observation solutions by providing easy access to complex data while leveraging Machine Learning.
- Ensure on-time delivery of the projects with the expected quality, within scope and budget
- Develop detailed project planning regarding tasks and resource availability to track progress and make things happen
- Use appropriate tracking techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Continuous reporting of progress and performances
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and raise issues to management team as needed
- Manage relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/providers
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation all along the project life and beyond.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- BSc. or MSc.: preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience as project manager in the ICT sector
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Ability to handle projects with a “multi-scale” approach, able to maintain a high-level view while paying attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and ideally also Spanish (spoken and written)
- Team player and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in Earth Observation market
- Experience in projects / proposal writing for ESA, World bank, H2020, FP7 or similar.
- Business oriented
Start date: Immediate