Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK) is looking for a junior profile with a very proactive attitude to join our team.
The successful candidate will work at the forefront of Earth Observation projects with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications. The projects fall into basically two areas: agriculture and urban.
Our focus now is to integrate AI into EO and strengthen data analytics for to improve the impact in industry and society. We provide advanced Earth Observation solutions by providing easy access to complex data while leveraging Machine Learning.
To undertake specific tasks on identified projects, under the supervision of a Project Manager, including:
• Completing relevant project documentation, ie. Reports for different projects for ESA and the Commission and other institutions or private clients
• Participating in project meetings
• Composes, revises and edits a variety of routine to moderately difficult, reports, data, proposals, technical charts or agreements ranging from routine to complex
• Coordinating the consultation process with all stakeholders and manage clients’ expectations.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials and stationery required for events
• Performs data analyses and comparisons; develops and maintains spreadsheets to facilitate data interpretation and manipulation
• Working as part of a team: cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively
• Reinforces the team concept through all actions
Project support engineers provide vital assistance to project managers. Every project is different and therefore the duties will change accordingly.
As a project support staff the responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the projects you are working on. Driving everything forward from planning to implementation, your actions will directly influence the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project.
• BSc. or MSc.: preferably in the fields of mathematics, physics, computer science or engineering
• Proactive, highly-organised & dynamic
• Ability to handle projects with a “multi-scale” approach, able to maintain a high- level view while paying attention to detail,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Fluent in English and ideally also Spanish (spoken and written),
• Team player and entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience in Earth Observation market
• Experience in integration of several data sources (open data, crowd sourced data, satellite data, models, in situ)
• Experience in ESA projects, World bank, H2020, FP7 or similar.
Start date: Immediate