Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK), is looking for a SAR engineer with a very hands-on attitude to join our Space team.
The successful candidate will work on the implementation and operation of a SAR processor for an airborne demonstrator devoted to ocean surface currents (dual-beam along-track SAR interferometry) and wind monitoring (SAR scatterometry).
You will provide support to the development of an interferometric SAR Level-0 to Level-2 processor which will include all the steps from raw data focussing (backprojection algorithm) and calibration (phase and amplitude) to final geolocated products (ocean surface motion and wind vector maps).
You will also support performance analysis and validation activities, including the processing of functional campaign data.
- Deep understanding of SAR fundamentals and experience in SAR data focussing and calibration (internal, external)
- Experience in time-domain SAR focusing algorithms
- Good programming skills (Python, C/C++, IDL)
- Parallel computing and GPU processing (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Very hands on approach to be able to hit the ground running.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
The following will be considered a plus:
- Experience with along-track SAR interferometry data processing
- Squinted SAR data processing
- SAR scatterometry
- Fluent in Spanish
Contract: Consultancy/ Fixed contract
Start date: Immediate