Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK) is looking for an exceptional software engineer with a very hands-on attitude to join our team. The successful candidate will work at the forefront of earth observation and neuroscience research projects with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications.
We provide advanced solutions integrating earth observation augmented services and machine learning to create new products able to be integrated in the decision chain for more competitive and sustainable operations. We turn complex data into useful information. We also believe we are driving a revolution in how we measure and modulate the activity of our electrical brains, which will have a massive impact on health, wellness, human computer interaction and society.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate as a member of the Starlab Software team include to deliver polished and functional software to both Earth observation and Neuroscience departments. In this process, she or he might be involved in defining key technical requirements from user needs, providing accurate design solutions, building code according to design specifications and providing validation plans to fully test the candidate software solutions or some parts of them.
The following are key requirements we expect the successful candidate to meet:
• BSc. or MSc.: Computer Science or related,
• ability to handle projects with a “multi-scale” approach, able to maintain a high- level view while paying attention to detail,
• very hands-on approach and able to hit the ground running,
• excellent communication and presentation skills,
• fluent in English (spoken and written),
• team player, our culture is very important to us,
• curiosity, things change and we need to adapt, and
• entrepreneurial spirit (we are a company!).
And for the technical skills:
• Python is our most common language.
• Web API design.
• Experience with database design and administration will be needed when working on scalable back-ends.
• Knowing C is always welcome.
Start date: Immediate