Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK) is looking for a senior profile with a very proactive attitude to join our team.
The successful candidate will work at the forefront of Earth Observation projects with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications. The projects fall into basically two areas: agriculture and urban.
Our focus now is to integrate AI into EO and strengthen data analytics for to improve the impact in industry and society. We provide advanced Earth Observation solutions by providing easy access to complex data while leveraging Machine Learning.
- Manage key projects for the unit (H2020, ESA)
- Overview projects, associated resources, planning, and issues raising
- Ensure/coordinate/support consulting efficiency
- Reporting, link to management
- Lead proposal writing for H2020 and ESA
- Assist to conferences and meetings to foster proposal participation
- Supervise all projects execution for institutional market. That means having a constant overall monitoring of progress, deadlines, and outputs. Roles of complying with the project activities and deadlines remains to Project Managers.
- Supervise human resources for projects, in particular, planning of overlapping tasks, priorities, unoccupied collaborators
- Solve conflicts, issues raising from projects.
- Suggest efficiency improvements to Project Managers
- Attribute resources to tasks when not obvious
- Anticipate overloaded periods and report to management.
- Support Project Managers in their daily activities if necessary.
- Ensure good practices in Project management (meeting, documentation, scheduling, reporting, review, internal/external communication).
- Report back to management of progresses and issues.
- BD for proposal writing / idea generation / resources alignment
• BSc. or MSc.: preferably in the
fields of mathematics, physics, computer science or engineering
• Proactive, highly-organised & dynamic
• Ability to handle projects with a “multi-scale” approach, able to maintain a high- level view while paying attention to detail,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Fluent in English and ideally also Spanish (spoken and written),
• Team player and entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience in Earth Observation market
• Experience in integration of several data sources (open data, crowd sourced data, satellite data, models, in situ)
• Experience in ESA projects, World bank, H2020, FP7 or similar.
Start date: Immediate