Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK) is looking for a senior profile with a very proactive attitude to join our team.
The successful candidate will work at the forefront of Earth Observation projects with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications. The projects fall into basically two areas: agriculture and urban.
Our focus now is to integrate AI into EO and strengthen data analytics for to improve the impact in industry and society. We provide advanced Earth Observation solutions by providing easy access to complex data while leveraging Machine Learning.
- Developing algorithms based on satellite-derived data from initial concept development through to product
- Understanding of data requirements for different thematic applications and ability to locate appropriate data sources (when available)
- Reviewing existing EO-derived services across the space industry and identifying gaps in the market, players and providers
- Contribute to the design of future projects and applications for funding by providing expert input
- Overview available tools such as DIAS, Sentinel HUB, AWS and open software
- Rapid prototyping, processing of new images to test and evaluate algorithms
- Data provider’s agreements and SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Provide technical support to bid managers in proposal writing
Skills and experience
- BSc or MSc in engineering, mathematics, computer or physics
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications and downstream services market
- Experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of satellites data
- Experience on Earth Observation data processing (SAR and/or optical datasets)
- Python coding abilities
- GIS knowledge
- Team player and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive, highly-organised & dynamic
- Fluent in English and ideally also Spanish (spoken and written)