Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK) is looking for a junior profile (under graduate on last year or young graduate) with a very proactive attitude to join our team.
The successful candidate will work at the forefront of Earth Observation projects with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications. The projects fall into basically two areas: agriculture and urban.
Our focus now is to integrate AI into EO and strengthen data analytics for to improve the impact in industry and society. We provide advanced Earth Observation solutions by providing easy access to complex data while leveraging Machine Learning.
- Overview available tools such as DIAS, Sentinel HUB, AWS and open software
- Rapid prototyping, processing of new images to test and evaluate algorithms
- Data provider’s agreements and SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Support to proposal writing and projects for H2020 and ESA
- BSc. or MSc: preferably in the fields of mathematics, physics, computer science or engineering. Young graduate or last year.
- Experience with Earth Observation data (SAR and/or optical datasets)
- Python coding abilities
- GIS knowledge
- Team player and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive, highly-organised & dynamic
in English and ideally also Spanish (spoken and written),
Start date: Immediate