Starlab Space is looking for an experienced proposal writer/project manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will lead and support the project proposal preparation of earth observation research and innovation projects, with a focus on bringing research results to real-world applications.
Starlab Space turns space science into advanced Earth Observation services. We develop a technology portfolio based on earth observation algorithms, data integration and machine learning. We participate in public funded projects (H2020/ESA/others) as instruments to support these developments.
Our mission is to provide high quality Earth Observation services to solve real end-user needs of final customers.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate as a member of the Starlab Space will include:
- Business Development within EC and ESA funding support
- Identify H2020 calls and ensure proposal delivery
- Support and indentification on ESA proposal preparation when needed
- Partnership finding and networking
- Project manager tasks
- Monitoring of project progress, deadlines, and outputs.
- Solve problems, conflicts, issues raising from projects.
- Ensure good practices in Project management (meeting, documentation, scheduling, reporting, review, internal/external communicatation).
· Excellent written English, capable of transforming complex text from different sources into readable information for a wider audience.
· Experience with EC funding and project management of EU funded projects
· Experience with other types of public funding is a plus
· Interest and/or experience in the space sector, data analytic solutions and environmental problems.
· Interest and/or Experience in Business Development
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to handle projects with a multiscale approach: able to maintain a high-level view while paying attention to detail
· Masters or PhD degree in any related field
• Very hands-on approach, and able to hit the ground running.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written).
• Team player, our culture is very important to us,
• Curiosity – things change and we need to adapt.
• Entrepreneurial spirit (we are a company, after all!).