Starlab, a private R&D company based in Barcelona (Spain) and Oxford (UK), is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist / AI Engineer with a very hands-on attitude to join our Barcelona Space team. The successful candidate will work at the forefront of applied Earth Observation at the space department.
Starlab’s mission is to transform science into technologies with a profound positive impact on society. Our vision is to make science more useful, alive, vibrant, faster.
Our main areas of work lie in the Space and Neuroscience sectors, two key areas for the 21st century with a common element: the increasing availability of streams of information. We provide technical solutions, products and services for governments, industry and downstream markets. And we create spinoffs such as Neuroelectrics.
Some topics we are working on:
- Green & Cities
- Urban Management (Land use / Land Cover)
- Insurance market
- Real state
- Target detection
- Deep convolutional Neural Networks
- Computer vision
The successful candidate will
· Develop, deploy, and sustain decision support applications using advanced quantitative methods
· Identify and implement key machine learning technologies and algorithms.
· Use statistical analysis, machine learning, pattern recognition, and data visualization along with domain knowledge and subject-specific models to solve science, engineering, and commercial problems.
· Contribute to various stages of data analytics or decision model development and deployment
· Provide technical support and enhancements to affiliates worldwide for deployed applications.
· Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
· Position may require moderate travel (domestic and/or international).
What we are looking for
· Machine Learning / Deep learning / AI experience
· Big Data handling analysis
· Good programming skills (Python, C/C++, IDL)
· Very hands-on approach and able to hit the ground running
· Autonomy – as the business grows so will you and the team
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Fluent English (spoken and written)
· Entrepreneurial spirit